Thursday, 1 November 2012

Artist statement


Artist Statement

To me being an artist can mean so many things not just the common thing i.e. Drawing, painting, the things you see in movies, artist means expression, expressing your self in many ways, some people use a form of dance, writing, photography, even music, all al these ways are being an artist in some way, composing something that helps you express how you feel and how to get it out of your system doing something you feel comfortable in. I don’t personally think art can be judges nor should it be, I mean how can you judge how someone expresses themselves and doing something your created i.e. when people draw it is usually a vision from their imagination yeah it can be based on something they may have seen, but its still something they did in their own way using their style, and that can not really be judges, I see art as personal. When I go to galleries and I see people looking at different pieces of art and they all have different opinions m different ways of reading work, so art can strike up a load of debate, there is no right or wrong way to read art, its in the eyes of the person who looks at it, I came to realize then that drawings, painting, even photography can be read in so many ways, so being an artist is pretty broad, it can mean so many things and can not really be restricted to one thing, if there is a picture of a sunset , its not just that , it could mean so much more like an end of a day or the colors could mean something ,
To sum up, art is very personal and means so much, and cannot be summed up in one certain way.
Isotype final project -13/04/2012

Isotype 15/01/2012
I went through a stage of loving to draw isotopes as they are drawings simplified to help communicate with the audience it can also be used to help people less able to take , communicate with people , and me having a brother and sister with autism I found these interesting , as I use these isotypes for them to help them, which also reminds me of a another thing about art communication, which is essential to all artists, each piece of work communicates at some point.
I would definitely say that no matter how small the piece of art work is, it will communicate with someone at some time, as its all dipping into the 
imagination, no matter if you want to or now looking at something you will think and have some sort of opinion.
isotype - 01/01/2012
I love getting lost in my art work and getting inspired , even while I sit on the train , I could see something and then I would feel like drawing , so to me being an artist is a full time job , you could get inspired anytime and its something that is personal to you .

No comments:

Post a Comment